Role: Data Modeler
Overall Experience: 10-12 years
• Core experience as a Data modeler with ability to articulate business functional specifications & field list to database entities and attributes and establish parent-child dependent relationships.
• Extensive knowledge of OLTP and OLAP modelling, Normal forms, Codd’s rules, and Database Design
• Knowledge of data modeling tools such as SQL Data Modeler/MySQL Workbench/ERWin etc. with demonstrated use in projects
• Excellent communication skills – ability to interact with all stakeholders in project execution (Business Analysts/Application Developers/Testers/DB team)
• Sound logical skills and ability to independently conduct full-fledged RCA and resolution to problem scenarios
• Some SQL coding ability in PostgreSQL/Oracle/MySQL. Should be able to conceptualize/construct complex SQL to service business requirements.
• Should be experienced in complete Database Development lifecycle including version management and work with project teams as required.
• Some Database Performance and Tuning experience with multiple RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) by running diagnostics and guiding junior DB developers in doing query optimization and other performance tuning
Good to have:
• Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential coding/compilation issues, and experience with best practices around database coding
• Experience in product development, version management and multi-site deployment
• Have experience in accessing database through Hibernate
• ETL and Big Data experience is a plus