Join the Jocata Team
Our products and services are helping financial institutions world over meet compliance and information management requirements. Here at Jocata, we believe in our values of honesty, integrity, commitment and perseverance and take great pride in serving our clients to the best of our abilities and their needs.
We like to keep things straightforward. We hire the best talent that's out there and provide exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. For the same we offer comprehensive compensation and benefit packages that meet and exceed industry standards.
Do you have a passion for solving complex problems using your creativity and skills? Do you see yourself the part of a startup that provides top-level solutions and services to the financial sector? If so, checkout the positions listed below and do apply if you see a match.
Role: Senior System Administrator
- System Administration and integration for a computing environment consisting of standalone and virtualized HW / SW infrastructure that includes Linux, Windows servers, network, and storage equipment.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Work with cloud service providers to investigate and troubleshoot any issues in the hosting services provided by them.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies and support
- Set up and manage virtualized machines in the internal private cloud
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Experience with virtualized environments using vSphere and VMware applications.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, VPN, LDAP etc.
- Available for any off-hours contingency recovery support if required.
- Two to four years system administration experience.
Apply for this position